Prepare for Breastfeeding While You’re Still Pregnant
Pregnant and planning to breastfeed or pump? As a first time mom-to-be, I remember feeling overwhelmed about all of the unknowns of breastfeeding my baby.
“What if something goes wrong?”
“How do I know if Baby is getting enough milk?”
“How do I remember all of these breastfeeding positions?”
“What if it HURTS?”
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for details.
Breastfeeding is honestly probably one of the hardest parts about adjusting to life as a brand new mom.
When we are pregnant, we focus a lot of our thoughts on preparing for labor and preparing for all of Baby’s needs.
But we kind of glaze over breastfeeding, then when it gets REAL, we are totally overwhelmed and feel like quitting.
I ALMOST gave up. But I’m SO glad I didn’t.
How to Prepare to Breastfeed (The Really Easy Way)
I have more tips later, but let me start with the best one.
Learning to breastfeed and pump can be stressful! Trying to figure out what you’re doing and HOW to do it is a lot to take on immediately after giving birth.
Sooo do it BEFORE giving birth!
This is kind of genius.
You can (and should!) prepare for breastfeeding with this amazing class by Milkology.
It’s so easy, completely online, and just a really great way to feel confident going into this new and sometimes challenging adventure.
BEST of all it’s CHEAP (who’s with me?)
Like, less than 20 bucks.
I spent quadruple that on a breastfeeding course through our hospital with my first baby and it was SO boring and hard to follow. I forgot everything almost immediately and I literally fell asleep during part of it. Yep.
BUT NOT THIS ONE!
Stacey (the sweet mama who created these classes) really cares about new moms learning to nourish their babies through breastfeeding.
She answers common and uncommon questions about breastfeeding without taking up too much of your time. Gotta love that.
And it’s all there for you to look back at whenever you need it, including AFTER Baby is born.
What I Love About Milkology:
- It’s totally online & mobile friendly
- You can do it at home in your maternity pj’s
- It can be done at your own pace
- Hubby can do it with you so he can learn and help too
- LOTS of pregnant mamas rave about it
- It’s really inexpensive!
Removing the fear and stress of the unknown is more than half the battle.
The Breastfeeding Class will teach you:
- HOW breast milk production actually works
- The #1 breastfeeding mistake new moms make
- Best breastfeeding positions to avoid pain
- How to be sure Baby gets enough milk
- Strategies to increase your milk supply
- Benefits of breastfeeding
- Many more tips & bonuses including: The Little Black Book of Breastfeeding Secrets
Planning to PUMP?
Milkology also has fantastic pumping courses:
These are excellent for the mom-to-be who will be using a breast pump regularly.
Both classes are SUPER helpful.
Here is a sneak peek at what they include…
The Back to Work Pumping Class covers info like:
- HOW to use your breast pump
- How to build a freezer stash (on Maternity Leave!)
- Teaching Baby to take a bottle
- Making a “pump at work” plan with your employer
- Tips for transitioning back to work
- What to do if your milk supply is too low
- And more tips you won’t hear elsewhere
The Ultimate Exclusive Pumping Class teaches you:
- The secret to Exclusive Pumping success
- Strategies for pumping as much milk as possible
- How often and how long to pump
- Breast Milk Storage tips
- And more fun tips like: “How to Stay Sane When the Pump is Driving You Crazy!”
And you can find even more info (including testimonials from mamas who have taken each course) here.
Set yourself up for breastfeeding and pumping success!
I wholeheartedly recommend these classes and know countless moms who have been so thankful that they found them.
Don’t feel overwhelmed by the idea of breastfeeding. You can do this, Mama, and you’re gonna be great!
Other Ways to Prepare for Breastfeeding
After You’ve learned HOW to breastfeed, you’ll want to PREPARE by setting up your home and stocking up on all of the necessities.
Check out my popular 3rd Trimester Checklist where I outline EXACTLY how to create a fantastic Breastfeeding & Pumping Station.
In that post I also talk about 6 more tips on Last-Minute Ways to Prepare for Baby (like creating a postpartum care basket and some other pretty genius tips.)
Don’t miss those!
More Tips for Being Preggers…
Preparing pregnant women to become new moms is kind of my thing.
It’s an extremely special, unique, and life-altering season you are about to enter and from the bottom of my heart, I want to help.
You are really not alone and you should NEVER feel like you are.
If you need a mama-friend, I’m here.
Shoot me a comment or email or check out some of my other posts for some more advice and encouragement.
Here are some of my most popular ones:
And for more tips on pregnancy and life as a new mom,